SeptOct 2005, Volume 30, No. 1
Paul Taylor, David Nabb, Evan Parker
ORDER THIS ISSUE
$15.00 + shipping (see order form)
SUBSCRIBE TO SAX JOURNAL
ALL BACK ISSUES LIST
SAXOPHONE JOURNAL HOME PAGE
|ARTICLES THIS ISSUE
|Creative Jazz Improvisation
by David Pope
"The Lydian Dominant IV Chord"
The Sax Doctor
by Emilio Lyons
"The Glue That Holds Pads In Place"
Creative Teaching Techniques
by Steve Mauk
"Performance Anxiety, Stage Fright... "
Rock 'n Roll Saxophone
by Andrew Clark
"Overdubbing: Covering Your Tracks"
The Saxophone Quartet
by Susan Fancher
"Vibrato In Sax Quartet Playing"
New Saxophone Publications
by David Demsey
"Woodwind Mouthpiece Selection"
"Hal Leonard Jazz Play-Alongs:
Vol 17 Count Basie
Vol 18 Harold Arlen
Vol 19 Rogers & Hart Classics"
A Lesson With Michael Skinner
by Greg Banaszak
A Lip In Distress
by Joshua Musselwite
"My Encounters With Reed Allergies"
|Paul Wagner's Reviews
Full English Mower In The Bluegrass
15 Years Of Mega-Sax
Billy Kerr's Reviews
LIke Silver, Like Song
Jane Ira Bloom, saxophone
Rob Middleton, saxophone
Beyond The Sound Barrier
Wayne Shorter, saxophone
Frank Bongiorno's Reviews
Stefano di Battista, saxophone
Echos Of The Night
Dick Oatts, saxophone
Ron Blake, saxophone
Have a CD, book, video you want reviewed?
New Music New Instruments
by Peter Schmid
|Click here for Bb sheet music PDF file
Adobe Acrobat Reader needed for this PDF file
MASTERCLASS CD TRACKS
1. Bassic Windloop (tubax, bassax, 3 bass clarinets) 3:00
2. Ornithology (4 bass saxophones) 1:28
3. TuBbax(s)ology (Bb tubax solo) 3:47
4. Basic Slapsticks (bassax, bass flute, bass clarinet) 1:46
5. Dialogue I (bass saxophone, taragot) 1:38
6. Dialogue II (soprillo, soprano saxophone) 1:39
7. Dialogue III (bass saxophone, Eb tubax) 0:39
8. Slapsticks VII (three soprillo saxophones) 0:47
9. Ornithology II (four soprillo saxophones) 1:20
10. Slow Motion (three Bb tubax) 2:36
11. Taragotic III (taragot, 3 bass clarinets, bassax) 3:38
12. TuBbaxcanon (four Bb tubax) 0:58
• Golia-Schmid Duo (Vinny Golia plays Eb tubax, piccolo, and Eb clarinet. Peter Schmid plays contrabass clarinet and Eb clarinet)>
13. Dodo & Other Extinct Species 5:13
• Two Tubax (Thomas K.J. Mejer plays C tubax, Peter Schmid plays Eb tubax and contrabass clarinet on Nautilus)
14. (S)watch watching 2:58
15. Nautilus 4:05
16. No MPs! 3:05
17. Overtone Dance 2:23
18. November Line 3:46
All compositions on this Saxophone Journal masterclass CD are by Peter A. Schmid (SUISA), except Dodo & Other Extinct Species which is jointly composed by Peter A. Schmid (SUISA) and Vinny Golia (BMI), published with permission of Alissa Publishing/PRS. This excerpted recording of Dodo & Other Extinct Species (track 13) is used courtesy Leo Records, 16 Woodland Ave., Kingskerswell, Newton Abbot, UK.