NovDec 2006 , Volume 31, No. 2
Mark Colby, Pablo Salcedo, Najee
ORDER THIS ISSUE
$15.00 + shipping (see order form)
SUBSCRIBE TO SAX JOURNAL
ALL BACK ISSUES LIST
|RECENT BACK ISSUES
SAXOPHONE JOURNAL HOME PAGE
|ARTICLES THIS ISSUE
Creative Teaching Techniques
by Steve Mauk
"Tonal Matching Over The Saxophone Break"
The Sax Doctor
by Emilio Lyons
"Finding Leaks Without A Leak Light "
"Recommended Instrument Repair Manual"
"What Kind Of Cork Do You Use?"
The Saxophone Quartet
by Susan Fancher
"Victor Morosco's Sax Quartet Music"
Career Management With Gary Lindsay
(Arranger, Composer, Performer, Educator, Author)
by Greg Banaszak
Creative Jazz Improvisation
by David Pope
"Building Melodic Memory When Improvising"
Rock 'n Roll Saxophone
by Andrew Clark
"Akai EWI Story: Past, Present, Future, Part II"
New Saxophone Publications
by David Demsey
"Play Puccini - Alto Sax, Hal Leonard publisher"
"Chronicles Of King Curtis, Russell K. Carpenter"
Primer, Part 2
by Paul Haar
"What You Need To Know For Your First Performance"
|Paul Wagner's Reviews
Music For Sax, Piano & Percussion
(music by Greek composers)
Pas De Trois
(saxophone piano & bassoon)
Billy Kerr's Reviews
The Bud Shank Bigband
Taking The Long Way Home
Frank Bongiorno's Reviews
Face To Face
Jon De Lucia
Have a CD, book, video you want reviewed?
eGroup "Electronic Quintet" Play-Along CD
by John Paulson
Click here for Bb sheet music parts for this CD (a PDF file).
Eb parts come with the magazine
I’m pleased to present you this “electric quartet” eGroup masterclass play-along CD for this issue of Saxophone Journal. The purpose of this CD is to offer students an opportunity to play along and practice some of the original music we have performed over the last few years with our electronic quartet.
eGroup Saxophone Journal CD Tracks
1 Tuning Notes “A” & “Bb” :32
2. Rhythm Count (full performance version) 4:22
3. Rhythm Count (sax play-along version) 4:22
4. Initialization (full performance version) 4:40
5. Initialization (sax play-along version) 4:40
6. Friday Is 4/24 (full performance version) 3:15
7. Friday Is 4/24 (sax play-along version) 3:15
8. Mr. Danger (full performance version) 6:50
9. Mr. Danger (sax play-along version) 6:50
10. On Paper (full performance version) 4:28
11. On Paper (sax play-along version) 4:28
12. Lynn’s Blues (sax trio: alto=left, tenor =right) 3:36